Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments
EIGHT IS ENOUGH: UP UP AND AWAY

EIGHT IS ENOUGH

Monday, October 02, 2006

UP UP AND AWAY



As long as I've known Colin (14 years) hes wanted to go up in a Tigermoth plane. This year he got his wish.

Colin was quite calm and excited to arrive at RAAF, then was asked the question "would you like mild acrobatics" he didnt think about it for long before he answered "no", and I wouldn't be doing my job as a wife if I didnt persuade him to change his mind. You will might never get the chance again.. "go for it "I say. .. "Okkkkk" responded Colin. Put the leathers on and refill the plane then we are off. I would be lying if i said he wasnt nervous, (He did better than me, you wouldnt get me in one of those if my life depended on it).
Click Click getting lots of photos, and off he goes.



The Joyflight was a 45 minute scenery tour of the beaches and city of Melbourne.

Time for the plane to come back in, I go outside in waiting for the view of the plane to come in sight, then before i know it he has landed.. White as a Ghost I must say, I have a video of Colin kissing the ground as he got out.


Then afterwards to the RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce) Museum, to see spectatuclar airoplanes and all the old equipment they used on & off the planes. If I had been bloging by then I would no doubt have plenty of photos.

8 Comments:

  • At 02 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Yeah go for it Colin, but you wouldn't get me in one of those things!!!! C'mon Joanne jump one way or the other.

     
  • At 02 October, 2006, Blogger Jeanette said…

    HI Joanne
    Glad I wasn't there To see him take off. lol at Colin kissing the ground ,Ithought we were going to kiss the ground when we got off our flight to Darwin after the trouble we started with still laugh about that.
    Take care love mum xxxxx

     
  • At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    That sounds like Colin had fun. When is it your turn?
    Mrs. Jim did that for her birthday once. She really appreciated it, as her brother was shot down during WWII over the Mediteranian.
    ..

     
  • At 03 October, 2006, Blogger Meow (aka Connie) said…

    OMG, you wouldn't get me up in one of those !! Did he really kiss the ground ?? LOL
    Great photos.
    Have a wonderful week.
    Take care, Meow

     
  • At 04 October, 2006, Blogger Cazz said…

    I have never debated the fact that you are a dutiful wife, and naturally you made sure all insurance policies were up to date, and packed a spare pair of undies !!!!!

    I'm with you sis, you would NEVER get me up in one of those either. But I know how thrilled Colin was when you presented it to him for his b/day, glad he enjoyed the experience.

    Love
    Cazz
    xxxooxxx

     
  • At 04 October, 2006, Blogger Gazza said…

    Hi Sis,
    I have a new challenge for the Governor.....

    How long do you think it will take him to crap himself if Brett was the pilot?? I'm tipping it would be before the plane left the ground...

     
  • At 05 October, 2006, Blogger Janice Seagraves said…

    Hi Jen,

    Oh that is s-o-o great! My husband would have loved it too! He just loves WWII air craft!

    Janice~

     
  • At 06 October, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Joanne ~ Glad your husband enjoyed his present, but was glad to get back to terra firma. Thanks for your comments
    on my blog. lad you enjoy te jokes etc.
    Take care, and stay on the ground !!
    Cheers, Merle.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home