Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments
EIGHT IS ENOUGH: Quote Of The Week

EIGHT IS ENOUGH

Friday, September 15, 2006

Quote Of The Week


QUOTE OF THE WEEK


Quotes are like women's skirts,

it must be short enough to grab your attention,

but long enough to cover the subject!!!!


*********


TOP THINGS YOUR MOTHER WOULD NEVER SAY


* How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?
* Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too.
* Just leave all the lights on ... it makes the house look more cheery.
* Let me smell that shirt. Yeah, it's good for another week.
* Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day.
* Well, if Timmy's mom says it's OK, that's good enough for me.
* The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here.
* I don't have a tissue with me. Just use your sleeve.
* Don't bother wearing a jacket - the wind-chill is bound to improve.


TOP THINGS YOUR FATHER WOULD NEVER SAY


* Well how 'bout that? I'm lost! Looks like we'll have to stop and ask for directions.
* You know Pumpkin, now that you're thirteen, you'll be ready for non-chaperoned car dates. Won't that be fun?
* I noticed that all your friends have a certain "up yours" attitude. I like that in a young person!
* Here's a credit card and the keys to my new car. GO CRAZY!!!
* What do you mean you want to play football? Figure skating not good enough for you, son?
* Your mother and I are going away for while. You might want to consider throwing a party.
* Well, I don't know what's wrong with your car. Probably one of those doo-hickie thingies - you know - that makes it run or something. Just have it towed to the mechanic's and pay whatever they ask.
* No son of mine is going to live under this roof without an earring. Now quit your belly aching and lets get to the mall.
* Whaddaya want to go and get a job for? I make plenty of money for you to spend.
* Father's Day? Ah - don't worry about that - it's no big deal.




*******

11 Comments:

  • At 15 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello Joanne~ Some great jokes there
    and I am sure our Mums and Dads would NEVER say those things. You probably
    say some of them to your kids now !
    Take care, Merle.

     
  • At 15 September, 2006, Blogger Val said…

    How true these are! (Glad you liked my socks...)

     
  • At 15 September, 2006, Blogger Jeanette said…

    Hi Joanne
    Good post great jokes i think i have heard some of quotes said somewere . take care see you Monday love mum

     
  • At 15 September, 2006, Blogger Jeanette said…

    Hi Joanne
    Good post great jokes i think i have heard some of quotes said somewere . take care see you Monday love mum

     
  • At 16 September, 2006, Blogger Gwen said…

    G'day darls.
    Great blog hope to see you when you're up.

     
  • At 16 September, 2006, Blogger Jim said…

    I think your Mom said a few of those and thought a whole lot more of them. Do as I say and not as I think!

    Oh yes, do we call you Little Jen or Scruff?
    ..
    Thanks for the visit this morning.
    ..

     
  • At 16 September, 2006, Blogger DellaB said…

    Hi Little Jen, welcome to blogging, you've made a great start. I like your little corner where you work too - hmmm - is it ALWAYS that tidy?

    I guess with the eight of them, you won't go short of something to blog about?

     
  • At 16 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jim,

    Jo / Joanne /Little Jen ... u pick will be putting some photo's of the kids next be sure to come back and visit.

     
  • At 17 September, 2006, Blogger Janice Seagraves said…

    Hi Little Jen,

    Funny stuff! I think I like the stuff about father's the best.

    And thank you for posting a comment on my blog.

    Janice~

     
  • At 17 September, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Joanne, I'm pretty sure your Dad never said any of those things to you.

     
  • At 17 September, 2006, Blogger Gazza said…

    Hi Scruff, My quote of the week..... Big people use more soap.

    Dont forget to take the DVD's I gave you for mum. Drive carefully.

    Wahooooo!!!! Its party time at the Governors house. :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home