Free CursorsMyspace LayoutsMyspace Comments
EIGHT IS ENOUGH

EIGHT IS ENOUGH

Monday, May 26, 2008

MY SPECIAL VISITOR


Im not the best for words but here it goes, I met Megan when I was around 5 and Megan would have been 3 on the slopes of our driveways in Viewbank.

Here are a few things we used to get up to -

Both Megan and I had swimming pools but mine was unfortunaly always cold being in the shade covered by trees and a carport. We always used to run into my pool then run into Megan's pool to get warm (which was like a hot bath) and we used do the best whirley pools.

(I do have a photo of those lovely peacock bathers Megan but thought hmmm you would kill me..lol)

Collecting Alliminum cans from being at the footy with mum and dad all day, Megan and I used to sit out the front and hammer like 100's of cans to nothing with the occational sand thrown into some to make them a little heavier when it came to cashing them in for cash.

Plenty of sleepovers, rollerskating and the best Tennis as we got older. We got coached then of to competitive tennis where we played together till Megan moved to Darwin which didnt stop us being friends.

Here are a few photos .

Here is Megan posing for the camera



We definately had our differences ...

Carlton supporter (afl football)



Megan (Left) and I

Barracking for the best team around Richmond naturally (afl football)



My 2 bestfriends growing up Donna (middle) and Megan (Right) and yours truly on the Left.



Megan's 21st Party



In 2006 was time to catch up again, Flew up to Darwin where we had a lovely day at the races.


2008 Megan came to Melbourne with her daughters Brittany & Bailey.


Liam, Brittany & Bailey about to enjoy a day at the Melbourne Zoo.



Megan and I enjoying a few drinks and a catch up. (2008).


Thirty-four years on and friendship still strong as ever

Your the Best Megan thankyou for being a true friend.


XOXOXOXOXOXO

7 Comments:

  • At 29 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jo,
    I too can remember the pools and how many times you and Megan run from one to the other, its amazing how we can think of the little things. friendships like that hard hard to come by and it doesn't matter how often you keep in touch as long as you are there when it counts. PS it's about time you updated your blog.
    Luv always Leanne (GO BLUES)

     
  • At 30 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I heard your brother is an awesome guy...

     
  • At 30 May, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks Jo that will teach me for whinging. I can also remember the butchy boy races and playing cricket with the others in the court. I must thank you for saving everyone from the peacock bathers (big fashion nightmare!)Thanks for being a great friend too. Megan

     
  • At 02 June, 2008, Blogger Janice Seagraves said…

    Hi Jo,

    Aw, it's nice to see two friends(mates) keep in touch.

    I stopped by to see if you had posted, and low and behold you had. This is a day for surprises Gwen (Gwen's Den) had post something today as well.

    Keep posting.
    Janice~

     
  • At 02 June, 2008, Blogger Gwen said…

    Hi Darls.
    I thought I was slack,but now I'm
    not too sure that you dont take the prize.
    Loved the post and it's rare to find true friends,and keep them.
    See Ya xx

     
  • At 04 June, 2008, Blogger Jeanette said…

    Great Photo's of you and Megan were did you find all them.. Truely a Great friendship..

     
  • At 25 December, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great post you got here. It would be great to read a bit more about that theme. Thank you for posting this material.
    Sexy Lady
    Girls for companionship in London

     

Post a Comment

<< Home